Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sick again!

I was exhausted last night when I went to bed and I woke up with a fever and flu symptoms. Gross! It's souk and my counterpart Said was supposed to be in town, so I dragged myself out of bed and took a couple Tylenol. I made it to the post office and decided to come home. Some kids were yelling “tiromine” at me, which means foreigner when I walked out of the post office. Souk was super crowded and I couldn't handle all the people and animals, so I went home and slept for a couple hours. When I emerged from my room, my host mom teasingly scolded me for sleeping all day and missing lunch. I told her I wasn't feeling well and she asked if I wanted to eat tagine – they had saved me some! I couldn't handle much in the way of food, so I agreed to eat some bread. When I walked into the living room to sit down, I saw a plate of “shalada” which is onions and tomatoes chopped up and seasoned with salt and cumin. Its one of may favorite things to eat and I almost burst into tears at how thoughtful my host mom was. I was in need of some TLC and she definitely gave me a little.

No comments: